Kari’s primary focus has been in personal injury litigation including automobile liability, PIP litigation, professional liability, products liability, premises liability, general insurance defense litigation, civil trial and appellate litigation.
Kari is a former employee of Nationwide Insurance Company trial division, a former partner in the law firm of Byrd & Metzger, P.A. and a former partner in the law firm of Koleos, Rosenberg, Metzger & Doyle, P.A. Prior to practicing law, Kari was a claims representative for Travelers Insurance Company. Kari A. Metzger, Esq. is a panel member of the Fox 13 Ask A Lawyer program.
- University of Miami School of Law, J.D., cum laude, 1992
- Order of the Coif.
- Moot Court Board
- Executive editor of the University of Miami Entertainment & Sports Law Review
- Magistrate of Phi Delta Phi Honor Society
- University of Notre Dame, B.A., 1985
- Florida, Massachusetts, 1992
- US District Court, Middle and Southern Districts of Florida, 1992
- Certified Circuit Civil Court Mediator
- Certified United States District Court Middle District of Florida Mediator
Additional Personal Details
Bar/Professional Association Involvement
- Section Chair, Hillsborough County Bar Association Mediation & Arbitration Section
- Hillsborough County and American Bar Associations
- The Florida Bar; Defense Research Institute (DRI)
- Auto and Truck Negligence
- Personal Injury Protection
- Insurance Law
- Professional Liability/Professional Malpractice
- Premises Liability
- Product Liability